11.16.2009

Frienspiration

I've been meaning to post these pictures for a while! My friend Erika visited me recently and as we were getting ready to go out I noticed her gorgeous scarf.

erika's scarf


She said to me "Oh thanks! But it's not a scarf, it's actually a skirt."

erika's scarf

erika's scarf


It's a skirt that is ankle-length that she has pinned to give the illusion of a really luxe scarf. Isn't it fabulous? I'm tempted to thrift a big skirt with a great pattern like that and try it myself. If I did it, I'd also like to try cinching the bottom with a vintage cuff or napkin ring, to give it a more retro look.

erika's scarf


Sorry about the awful photo quality- we were literally about to head out the door!

5 comments:

eednic said...

wow! pretty innovative idea there!

Kristin said...

What an amazing idea! It looks absolutely gorgeous!

e.k. peyton said...

I'm on the blog! Love you Slubee!

Sarah Louise said...

Thanks again for letting me feature you, Erika!

Huzzah! Vintage said...

whoa! this is the best idea since spray-on pantyhose!