2.23.2011

Wardrobe Remix for 02.19.11

02.19.11

teal flower headband - factorygirlashli on Etsy
vintage dress - thrifted
navy sweater tights - TJ Maxx
silver flats - Target


I know, it's been approximately 850 years since I've done an outfit post. I've taken photos and never uploaded them. These would fall into the same pile except I forced myself to upload them.

Why? Well, many reasons. First of all, winter has me in a rut. I want to be comfortable so badly. I wear a sort of uniform most days, and I'm just bulked out in knits and layers. I'm too exhausted in the morning to take a photo, and I manage to dress even worse on my days off. What's the point if I don't leave the house?

Also, a few weeks ago, my boyfriend's sister attempted to dye my hair blonde. Suffice it to say, this didn't pan out (I'm telling my stylist, when I go back with my tail between my legs, that "we couldn't get the right blonde"). Oh well, blonde is tricky and I had two years' worth of red dye in my hair, it was going to be a pain in the ass. I dyed it golden brown, cried a lot, and miss my red hair. I feel old and ugly. I've just been feeling gross in general because winter drains me of my energy, due in part to hiking through the post-blizzard snow banks and working extra overtime at work. I've not been eating the healthiest and feel overweight. Basically, I feel ugly, old, and fat. So dressing well isn't really up there on my list of priorities right now.

Anyway, back to this outfit. Saturday the sun was shining, the snow on the ground was all gone, and even though it was chilly and I didn't have anywhere too special to go I thought I should pull myself together a little bit. I'm not sure about this dress, high neck styles aren't the best for me, but I wore the top 2 buttons unbuttoned the rest of the day and it looked fine. It was originally for the shop but when I saw how well it fit, Michael and I agreed it should stay in my closet for the time being. I adore the matching belt! I also sported this headband I got last winter in a trade with Ashli and I love the pop of colour it gives my outfit. I love wearing headbands with a pixie cut, too.

Michael and I left late in the day to Shangri-La Vintage located in Roscoe Village. It's small, but there's a decent amount of clothing there. Very well organized and very fairly priced. The man who runs it even puts measurements and flaws on the tag for you! I got a cute 60s sundress and Michael scored a vest, tie, and four vintage Playboy Magazines (two were $4 each, the other two only $2 each cos they were missing the centerfolds!). We wandered around a bit, had dinner at the Pick Me Up Cafe and went home to watch a film.

02.19.11

02.19.11

3 comments:

Jessica / Lola Vintage said...

aw, don't let winter get you down, it does that to me too. Getting all prettied up can sometimes be the panacea to a happier mood. That headband is SO CUTE!

Erin said...

That dress is lovely, and you look even more lovely in it! I can't get over that belt!

Marie said...

Fabulous dress, such a cute belt!

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Super cute necklace giveaway!