10.29.2009

Recent Acquisitions: Accessories

Yes I'm a horrible spendthrift and I'm addicted to shopohol and blah blah blah. But if I wasn't this blog would be boring! I do it for you, dear readers.

Here are my fave recent accessory purchases (the first being so recent I haven't even gotten it in the mail yet!) from these fair intertubes:



black velvet hat from Perty May on etsy



vintage crocheted collar from ebay



silver twig ring (on right, and actually a belated anniversary gift from my gent) from Colby June on etsy


Also something about the cool weather makes me get super crafty. I made the following little ditties:



sock garters for my over-the-knee winter socks - I might post a tutorial for these, would anyone like that?



necklace I made - First (and awful quality) picture of the jewelry that will be in my etsy shop as soon as I have a decent amount of things ready! This might be a bit premature...but I'm excited either way!


I also have a queue of knitting patterns for a(nother) beret and some long black opera gloves for the dream cape I will probably never own. Once summer breaks I find myself knitting 500% more, I am even doing a commissioned scarf on the train in lieu of reading! What crafty things do you like to work on? What accessories do you covet lately?

2 comments:

Claire Nouveau said...

wow those sock garters are SOOOO cute! i would totally love a tutorial on those, you make such adorable things!
thanks for your comment by the way, you have a lovely blog, i'll be sure to follow...and can i just say, i wholeheartedly relate to your 'about me'... :)
xo
Claire

Sarah Louise said...

I shall try to put one together, then! Thanks for your comment as well, it's great to meet you. Sorry it took me so long to reply.